Final Fantasy Brave Exvius Wiki

Arena

How it works

Setup

Various special rules could be in effect. If your unit has a forbidden ability, you'll still be able to use the unit, but that ability will be blocked. The Party setup screen shows you which units have abilities that are forbidden. Select an opponent and battle begins. Opponents may have a ratio between 0.50 and 1.50.

Opponent list will reset every 10 minutes. Between minute 0 to 4, the list might switch back and forth between old and new list. Once it hits minute 4 (e.g. :04, :14, :24,...), the list will change to the new one for the remainder of the 10 minutes.

Special Rules

Every week, the arena will have special rules that consist of 2 forbidden and 1 bonus. Forbidden rule forbids you to use abilities of the specified type, while bonus gives 30% stats bonus, including HP and MP, to unit of the specified game series. Stats bonus stacks with everything else as it uses unique buffs. Special rules will change every week, predetermined by the developer, usually to coincide with a new event or unit.

List of possible bans:

  • Black magic
  • White magic
  • Physical combo attacks: Multi-action abilities like Barrage. Dual Wield is not affected.
  • Magical combo attacks: Dualcast or Dual Black Magic.
  • Recovery abilities
  • Elemental attacks: Light, dark, etc.
  • Status ailments
  • Parameter boosts
  • Parameter reductions

Battle

Each battle consists of 10 turns. At the start of each turn, there is a roll for initiative. Players will fight until either one team is KO'd or the 10 turns expire. If time expires, there is a decision based on how many units are remaining.

Post Battle

Medals Min pts Max pts
4 50 56
5 57 68
6 69 81
7 82 93
8 94 106
9 107 118
10 119 131
11 132 143
12 144 156
13 157 168
14 169 177

Ranking Points

After the battle, you gain ranking points. You gain 10 points for losing. For winning, you will gain points equal to your opponent's ratio times 100, increased by your streak bonus, rounded to the nearest whole.

Medals

The number of medals you earn per battle is simply the number of rank points gained divided by 12.5, rounded to the nearest whole. This also applies to loses, which yield 1 medal each.

Streak Bonus

Your streak bonus is based on the number of consecutive wins you have achieved (including the current battle) as shown in the table below:

Win streak 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10+
Streak Bonus  —  +10% +11% +12% +13% +14% +15% +16% +17% +18%

Note: The screen, after you select your opponent but before the battle begins, displays bonus of the previous win; in other words, your bonus may actually be 1% higher than is shown just before the battle (or 10% higher for the battle after the first win of the streak).

Rewards

Daily rewards

Receive daily rewards by participating 5 times a day. Losing also counts, and there are no separate rewards.

No. Reward
1 Lapis20
2 Ether
3 Star Quartz
4 Potion
5 Lapis20

Weekly competition rewards

The type of stats pot given as reward are rotated every week.

Bracket Stats Pot Arena Summon Ticket
Rank: 1 - 3000 King Pot (1), Pot (3) 10
Rank: 3001 - 30000 King Pot (1), Pot (1) 10
Rank: 30001 - 90000 Pot (1), Mini Pot (1) 8
Rank: 90001 - 150000 Pot (1) 8
Rank: 150001 - 300000 Mini Pot (1) 5

Monthly competition rewards

The type of stats pot given as reward are rotated every month.

Bracket Stats Pot Trust Moogle
Rank: 1 - 3000 King Pot (3) 5-star5 Star Rarity Trust Moogle (2)
Rank: 3001 - 30000 King Pot (2) 5-star5 Star Rarity Trust Moogle (1)
Rank: 30001 - 90000 King Pot (1) 5-star5 Star Rarity Trust Moogle (1)
Rank: 90001 - 150000 Pot (1) 4-star4 Star Rarity Trust Moogle (1)
Rank: 150001 - 300000 Mini Pot (1) 4-star4 Star Rarity Trust Moogle (1)

Medal Exchange Panel

After each Arena battle, you obtain Arena Medals which can be exchanged for rewards. The Arena Medal exchange system is a hexagonal grid, like the ones used to train Espers.

Completing an exchange board requires 1020 Arena Medals, upon which one will receive a 4-star4 Star Rarity pot. To see which pot you will get after completing the current board, tap on the chest in the middle of the board. There are 7 boards which are cycled in the order shown the the following table (left to right):

Completion Reward: Burst Pot Soul Pot Smart Pot Shield Pot Power Pot Magi Pot Tough Pot Total
Prize Quantity per board (10;15;20;30 medals)
Arena Summon Ticket 12 (2;3;6;1) 10 (2;2;5;1) 10 (2;3;3;2) 10 10 (0;6;4;0) 10 (0;4;4;2) 10 72
Elixir 2 (2;0;0;0) 1 (1;0;0;0) 1 (1;0;0;0) 1 1 (1;0;0;0) 2 (2;0;0;0) 8
X-Potion 2 (0;2;0;0) 1 (0;1;0;0) 1 1 (1;0;0;0) 2 7
Turbo Ether 1 (0;1;0;0) 2 (1;1;0;0) 1 2 (2;0;0;0) 1 7
Phoenix Down 1 (0;1;0;0) 2 (0;2;0;0) 2 2 (1;0;1;0) 1 (0;1;0;0) 1 9
Star Quartz 2 (0;0;1;1) 1 (0;0;0;1) 2 (0;0;0;2) 1 1 (0;0;0;1) 2 (0;0;1;1) 1 10
Magicite Shard 2 (2;0;0;0) 3 (2;1;0;0) 2 (2;0;0;0) 3 1 (1;0;0;0) 2 (2;0;0;0) 2 15
Magicite 2 (0;2;0;0) 2 (1;1;0;0) 2 (0;2;0;0) 2 2 (2;0;0;0) 1 (0;1;0;0) 2 13
Red Magicite 2 (0;1;1;0) 1 2 5
Blue Magicite 2 (0;1;1;0) 2 (0;2;0;0) 1 (0;1;0;0) 5
Green Magicite 1 (0;1;0;0) 1 (0;1;0;0) 1 (0;1;0;0) 1 4
White Magicite 1 (0;0;1;0) 2 1 (0;1;0;0) 4
Black Magicite 1 (0;1;0;0) 2 (0;2;0;0) 1 4
Yellow Magicite 1 (0;0;1;0) 1 (0;0;1;0) 1 (0;1;0;0) 1 4
Orange Magicite 1 (0;1;0;0) 1 (0;0;1;0) 3 1 (0;1;0;0) 1 7
Violet Magicite 1 (0;1;0;0) 3 (0;1;2;0) 1 5
Red Megacite 2 (0;0;2;0) 1 1 (0;0;1;0) 1 (0;0;1;0) 5
Blue Megacite 2 (0;0;2;0) 2 (0;0;2;0) 2 6
Green Megacite 1 (0;0;1;0) 1 2 (0;0;2;0) 2 6
White Megacite 1 (0;0;1;0) 1 1 (0;0;1;0) 2 (0;0;2;0) 5
Black Megacite 1 (0;0;1;0) 2 (0;0;2;0) 1 (0;0;1;0) 1 5
Yellow Megacite 1 (0;0;1;0) 2 (0;0;2;0) 3
Orange Megacite 1 (0;0;1;0) 1 1 3
Violet Megacite 1 (0;0;1;0) 2 (0;0;2;0) 1 (0;0;1;0) 2 (0;0;2;0) 6
Mini Burst Pot 2 (0;0;0;2) 1 (0;0;0;1) 2 1 (0;0;0;1) 3 11
Mini Soul Pot 1 (0;0;0;1) 3 (0;0;0;3) 1 2 (0;0;0;2) 2 (0;0;0;2) 9
Mini Smart Pot 1 (0;0;0;1) 1 (0;0;0;1) 3 3 (0;0;0;3) 2 10
Mini Shield Pot 3 (0;0;0;3) 3 (0;0;0;3) 2 (0;0;0;2) 1 (0;0;0;1) 9
Mini Power Pot 2 (0;0;0;2) 1 (0;0;0;1) 2 (0;0;0;2) 3 (0;0;0;3) 2 10
Mini Magi Pot 3 (0;0;1;2) 3 3 (0;0;0;3) 1 (0;0;0;1) 10
Mini Tough Pot 3 (0;0;0;3) 1 (0;0;0;1) 1 2 (0;0;0;2) 1 6
Metal Minituar 4 (0;2;2;0) 4 (0;1;3;0) 4 (0;2;2;0) 3 4 (0;1;3;0) 4 (0;3;1;0) 4 27
Metal Cactuar 5 (0;0;2;3) 6 (0;0;2;4) 6 (0;0;5;1) 6 5 (0;0;3;2) 6 (0;0;4;2) 6 40

It takes a minimum of 510 Colosseum orbs to complete all 7 boards (~73 per board), though 600-800 would be more realistic when factoring losses and the unavailability of 1.50 ratio opponents during the first day of each week. For comparison, it takes a minimum of 825 orbs to complete all rounds of the Colosseum plus 88 more to craft the Blood Sword.

Enemy AI

  • The team you fight against will not necessarily attack how you expect them to, the AI can be very easy.
  • Provoke and similar abilities do work for their targeting priority.
  • Can use any available abilities including those from equipped Equipment, Esper, and materia.
  • Will always use Limit Bursts whenever one becomes available.
  • Will use self-damaging abilities (e.g. Darkside) without caring about their own survival.
  • Will typically only use curative abilities if at least 1 character's health is in the yellow.
    • The same applies for the removal of Status Ailments although AoEs (e.g. Comeback) can be used in the absence of any ailments.
  • Will reapply buffs/debuffs that are already up.
  • Will never use:
  • Also be aware that AI may use:

Every time you enter an arena battle, the enemy will select an AI pattern seen below. This pattern is used as a priority order, sequentially starting from the top. This pattern will persist throughout the whole battle, and not randomized per turn.

Offensive (33% chance)

1. 100% chance to use a limit burst

2. 40% chance to use an offensive ability (requirement: turn 1/3: none, turn 4/6: <70% HP, turn 7/10: <50% HP)

3. Recovery:

  • 100% chance to clear status ailment if status applied
  • 100% chance to heal if <30% HP
  • 50% chance to heal if <50% HP
  • 30% chance to heal if <70% HP

4. 30% chance to use a support ability

5. 100% chance to use a normal attack

Recovery (33% chance)

1. 100% chance to use a limit burst

2. Recovery:

  • 100% chance to clear status ailment if status applied
  • 100% chance to heal if <30% HP
  • 50% chance to heal if <50% HP
  • 30% chance to heal if <70% HP

3. 30% chance to use a support ability

4. 40% chance to use an offensive ability (requirement: turn 1/3: none, turn 4/6: <70% HP, turn 7/10: <50% HP)

5. 100% chance to use a normal attack

Auxiliary (33% chance)

1. 100% chance to use a limit burst

2. 30% chance to use a support ability

3. Recovery:

  • 100% chance to clear status ailment if status applied
  • 100% chance to heal if <30% HP
  • 50% chance to heal if <50% HP
  • 30% chance to heal if <70% HP

4. 40% chance to use an offensive ability (requirement: turn 1/3: none, turn 4/6: <70% HP, turn 7/10: <50% HP)

5. 100% chance to use a normal attack

Aggressive

Note: This AI is added later on in the JP version. The chance to select the pattern is split into 27%/27%/26%/20% with aggresive AI being 20%.

1. 100% chance to use a limit burst

2. Offensive:

  • 100% chance to use an offensive ability on turn 1/3
  • 30% chance to use an offensive ability on turn 2/5
  • 90% chance to use an offensive ability on turn 6
  • 30% chance to use an offensive ability on turn 7/10

3. Recovery:

  • 100% chance to clear status ailment if status applied
  • 100% chance to heal if <30% HP
  • 50% chance to heal if <50% HP
  • 30% chance to heal if <70% HP

4. 30% chance to use a support ability

5. 100% chance to use a normal attack

Strategy

General Tips

To make your arena party static, you can go to Menu > Option and select arena party. The chosen party will always be your default arena party.

Damage is normally limited to 999 per attack but can hit higher due to Chain Attacks (+99 max per Chain Attack), making strong single-hit abilities weaker. Healing an enemy Cloud of Darkness can also go over this cap or you can use Raise/Full Life to instantly kill her. Barrage can deal up to 4*999 dmg (8*999 for Dual Wield units). AoE magic and elemental chains are recommended.

Any ability that gives bonuses against Humans (ie Man-Eater and Transcender) are extra strong, as every unit is classified as a Humans except for Cloud of Darkness, which is Reaper.

Tank units are generally not useful unless they have strong cover abilities and healing such as Cecil.

Osmose and Lance can remove a great deal (if not all) of an enemy's MP, severely limiting their options to normal attacks and passives like Cover.

Recall is a potentially useful ability, randomly cast Meteor (4%), Death (24%), Aeroga (24%), Bio (24%), Stone (24%). Death is a forbidden ability and never misses (30% to one enemy normally).

Golem's Staff is best weapon (Additional Effect: Petrify 30%) and great with Barrage, Petrify is like death.

Status Ailments

Inflicting status ailments can make your fights significantly easier. Noteworthy abilities are Boo!, Aura Ball as well as status inflicting weapons (Mage Masher, Rune Staff, Madhura Harp) combined with any hit-all attacks. Siren's Alluring Air and Lullaby can be useful on enemies who don't have resistance and are easily accessible. As for elemental attacks: try to guess the esper your opponent has equipped to his units: Golem on tanks, Ifrit on physical DPS, Shiva and Ramuh on Mages etc. and use the corresponding spells. Rosa's Dispelga can be very useful for removing buffs from the opponent party.